So last week’s post was about why you need to stop worrying. You know, we all need a day off. That includes a day off from worrying. Here’s a list (inspired by another lovely blogger, Amy Young Miller) of some things you could choose to do instead.
1. Make a list. Write down your worries. Underneath them, write down possible solutions. That way you have a plan if whatever you’re worrying about comes to pass. Then keep that list somewhere handy (but not where you can see it every day) & decide to stop worrying about what’s on it.
A lot more fun:
2. Be a zombie. Lurch around your neighborhood. Holler that you want to “EAT BRAAAAAAAAAAAINS!” Chase and scare small children (unless, of course, it’s the 18-month-old who lives nearby & doesn’t care that you’re a zombie so he runs up to give you a hug). Do all this with a ninja by your side.
3. Go plant something so you can watch it grow. Dig in the dirt. Get messy.
4. Photobomb someone else’s picture. Preferably someone you know.
5. Try something new. Even better, try something you’ve always wanted to do. This is my very first silk-flower arrangement.
6. Hug somebody. Even if you have to chase them down to do it.
7. Make your favorite thing to eat/drink. Then sit down and savor it. My new favorite drink, a salted caramel latte, is stunningly delicious & pictured above (recipe coming soon).
8. Walk barefoot through the grass. Go slow and notice everything. Even better, take a camera along and shoot some pictures.
9. Take a nap. Even better, take a nap outside on a hammock.
10. Drive something really fast. I mean REALLY fast.
So what will you do instead of worrying?