What I love about cooking is that you really can reach a person’s heart through his/her stomach. I know because I’ve done it. And not only that but you can find your own heart, too. Adding a splash of this or taking away a dash of that, you can find out how much passion you have, how much you’re willing to risk, what really matters to you. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, you’ll also get ideas for other things (& not just recipes either), this idea sparking that idea flashing into another idea. Like anything creative, too, it’s about connecting with people and making them feel something. And this slow-cooker recipe for a caramel mocha latte love potion* will make you & them feel joy.
Prep. time: 5 minutes. Cost: Less than $5. Serves: 6.
To make a slow-cooker caramel mocha latte, you’ll need:
- 2 8-ounce cups strong brewed coffee (I used Starbucks Espresso grounds or you can just double the amount of coffee grounds you normally would use to brew coffee)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup liquid caramel** (I used Hershey’s Caramel Topping for ice cream ~ comes in a glass jar)
- 1/2 cup liquid chocolate** (I used Hershey’s Hot Fudge Topping for ice cream ~ comes in a glass jar. Follow the label directions & microwave with the cap off for a minute before pouring)
- Whipped-cream and chocolate shavings (optional but highly recommended)
To make a slow-cooker caramel mocha latte, follow these directions:
- Add all of the above except whipped-cream & chocolate shavings into the slow-cooker.
- Cover & cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Stir then ladle into mugs (refrigerate any leftover).
- Top with whipped-cream and chocolate shavings (optional).
- Be careful, it’ll be very hot.
*Love potion results not guaranteed.
**You can play around with this, use less or more depending on how sweet you like your mocha lattes.