To have simple, easy weight loss, you need to reframe events. I recently got asked if I had to grind mentally to keep weight off over the past eight years. My honest answer: no. Most of the time, I don’t even have to think about it.
To have simple, easy weight loss, know that food will never fix it
I’ve only had to struggle a handful of times over the past eight years and it’s usually when I’m in a situation I really can’t get out of. (Read an earlier post where I talked about gaining weight and why that happened).
- It didn’t happen because I was triggered by foods.
- It didn’t happen because bread and cookies and chocolate or any other foods were calling my name.
- It didn’t happen because I was weak-willed or undisciplined or anything else I used to say about myself when I gained weight.
No, it happened because I was trying to get food to fix something in my life. That’s what happened with quarantine as it dragged on. I was telling myself I had no choices, so I felt trapped. The main reason I was overeating is because I wanted food to fix that trapped feeling and free me somehow.
Start Where You Are
Eat what you want, lose weight, & keep it off.
To have simple, easy weight loss, just change your mind
But as I keep saying, food only has one job and that’s to be fuel for your body. It’s not food’s job to fix what’s wrong in your life. It’s your job to do that.
So I changed my mind about being limited during quarantine. I reframed it as I had free time that I could either use:
- stressing out and feeling trapped or
- I could start a new novel and work on things that deeply mattered to me.
I also changed my mind about this new normal we’re all living in because I had been fighting against it and wanting my old routine back instead of reframing it by accepting things I can’t change and creating a new routine.
To have simple, easy weight loss, remember you’ve always got choices
Once I reframed the situation and changed how I looked at it, I stopped using food to try and fix it. That’s when I got back on track and the weight came off again. If you’re struggling with overeating or abusing food, my guess is that you’re telling yourself something disempowering about the situation you’re in. The solution is to reframe it in your mind.
And just so you know: telling yourself you have no choices is one of the most disempowering things you can do to yourself. Take some hard-won knowledge from me and don’t do that to yourself. You’ve always got choices, sometimes you don’t have any great choices but you’ve always got choices, and one of those choices is changing your mind about how you look at an event.
Get off the diet-go-round. Get on with your life.®
Stop wishing, start doing.
Create your own weight loss before and after success story.
My weight loss transformation & how it can help you have simple, easy weight loss
You absolutely can break the diet cycle. I got free. Your life can be that way too.
I made my own path because I needed to get myself out of the crazy-making behavior I was having around food. I needed:
- no more dieting.
- no more restrictive eating.
- no weighing and measuring food.
- no off-limit foods.
- no more judgment around food.
- no more trying to figure out healthy eating or just what healthy foods to eat.
- no more judging my self-worth based on the scale.
- no more you’re-not-doing-it-perfectly diet rules that were only fueling my constant thinking about and obsession with food.
I needed to stop: searching for weight loss tips, wondering how to lose belly fat fast or how to lose weight fast, worrying about how to eat healthy or finding healthy snacks for weight loss, coming up with yet another healthy eating plan, trying to have quick weight loss, or forcing myself onto yet another weight loss diet. What I needed instead was to find, out of all the weight loss programs out there, the best weight loss program for me. Turns out, the best way to lose weight was to find out what works for me and do that.
- I’ve lost 160+ pounds naturally by simply trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and eating intuitively).
- I have maintained that weight loss for 9 years and counting by trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and intuitive eating).
- I no longer have any eating disorders, including bulimia (bulimia nervosa) and binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating).
- I no longer have a fear of food.
Just imagine what you could be doing with your life if you’d just commit to having your own before and after weight loss success story. You could be: following your own dreams and reaching your own goals, cultivating your own passions, and making both your inner and outer worlds a more blissful and peaceful place.
I got that for my life. I want it for yours. I will teach you how.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Coaching
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Coaching
1-on-1 personalized coaching
so you can eat what you want & lose weight.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Books
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Books
A series of weight-loss books to help you
create a body & a life that you love.
How to Lose Weight and Eat What You Want™ Online Course
Let today be the day you make peace with your body and with food.
For more information, check out the Start Where You Are Weight Loss® page.