True bravery is:
- taking the time to figure out what you want for your life and what makes you feel the most alive,
- deciding you matter enough to pursue it,
- going after whatever it is even if that thing seems hard if not impossible to get,
- and seeing what you started all the way to the end.
Courage is simply not giving up on yourself. Ever.
Sure, your chances might be slim. Challenges will inevitably come. Obstacles will get thrown at you. Yes, your life may get hard. You will likely have to make some tough choices. You may have to be stronger than you ever thought yourself capable of being. But you’re also talented, tenacious, determined, intelligent, and braver than you give yourself credit for.
If I’ve learned anything, it’s this: quitting on yourself is an act of self-betrayal. There’s no getting away from the devastating hurt of that because no matter where you go, well, there you are. I’m a firm believer that there’s only one life you can really save in this world and that’s your own.
I’m also a big believer in the power of small steps to get you anywhere you want or need to be. You don’t have to go fast, you just have to keep moving in the direction you most want to go. You may get there slower, sure, but at least you’ll get there because you’re less likely to let fear derail you.
So be brave. Save your own life. Go after what matters to you. Fulfill yourself.
Do yourself a kindness and:
- Write down 3 things you want to do/start this year even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Now pick one and begin.
- See it through all the way to the end.
- Give yourself a reward (a prize you really, really want).
- Be proud of yourself.
- Celebrate your success. (You didn’t quit and that’s the biggest success there is).
- Start on the next one and finish it . . . and the next . . . and the one after that.
So what will you be brave and start today?
**If you’d like a FREE high-resolution copy of the image above, suitable for printing, simply click here.**