I used to have fearless as one of my foundational words (words to build your life upon). But I don’t believe in fearless anymore. I believe in: fearful but I’m gonna do it anyway and terrified but I refuse to give up on myself and scared out of my mind but I’m gonna see this thing through to the end.
You don’t have to be fearless either.
So stop waiting to be. All that time you spend waiting (for anything in life) is all that time you can never get back. You’re not likely to ever be completely fear free, but that doesn’t matter.
What matters is that you keep on going despite it. You keep on moving forward in the direction that you want to go. You keep taking steps (no matter how small) toward the goals/hopes/dreams you’ve envisioned for yourself. You don’t abandon yourself and give up.
You don’t let fear win.
You may feel like you’re in a battle with fear, maybe you feel like fear is the battle of a lifetime. But know this: fear only has the power over your life that you give it. So if you want your power back (which you do), then all you have to do is take it back.
How do you take your power back?
- You decide what it is you really want for your life.
- You keep on going in the direction of what you want, no matter how slowly.
- You don’t stop until you finish.
- You prove to yourself just how capable, strong, courageous, tenacious, and intelligent you are.
- You celebrate your victories (regardless of how big or small) and show yourself that you matter to you.
- You move on to the next thing you want for your life.
- And you finish the next thing after that . . . and the next . . . and the next.
So what will you be scared about but do anyway?